DTU Electro cooperates with companies, research institutions and individuals in Denmark and abroad.
Collaboration with society ensures that our research and technology are of benefit to society.
We have a lasting tradition for offering students research projects in collaboration with industries. This enables the student to build up a personal network and to get inspired by actual and exciting ideas in everyday life.
DTU Electro wants to pave the way for innovations using light and electronics as the enabling technology in order to develop and improve:
- Communication technology for sustainable and efficient digitalization of society
- Green and sustainable energy saving solutions
- Bio and healthcare technology and methods
- Insights and new technology, which can be used for future quantum computing
We help students and employees translate inventions and discoveries into enterprising businesses, and we engage in innovative collaborations with society as a whole. We attach importance to the transfer of knowledge between university and industry, aiming for existing industries as well as start-up companies.
We collaborate with companies on student projects, PhD projects, research schools and EU projects.
Furthermore, our department receives funding for the following centres:
- Centre for Acoustic-Mechanical Micro Systems (CAMM)
- Centre for Collaborative Autonomous Systems (CCAS)
- Centre for Nanophotonics (NanoPhoton)
- Centre for Silicon Photonics for Optical Communications (SPOC)
Innovation at DTU Electro
We have an ambitious innovation strategy and focus on inventions, patents, license/sale of inventions and software, Proof of Concept funding, start-up companies and bench-free agreements for start-ups. Innovation is thus an integrated part of our activities concerning education, research and scientific advice.
Our department cooperates with companies on collaborative research, technology in the form of patents, student projects and access to research facilities and infrastructure.