PhD at DTU Electro
At department of Electrical and Photonics Engineering we have an international research environment with PhD students and researchers from all over the world.
Our PhD students are funded by industrial scholarships, research schools and DTU scholarships. We currently have around 90+ PhD students at the department.
The PhD programme is a three-year research programme where the PhD student is trained to become a researcher. The PhD programme consists of:
- An independent research project
- A study programme corresponding to 30 ECTS points
- A teaching and communication course corresponding to six months
- An external research stay
- A scientific thesis, and
- A defence open to the public
Contact and further information at DTU
The PhD Programme at DTU website includes further details and information addressed for PhD students and Guest PhD students regarding:
- Required documents
- Residence and work permits
- And names of contact persons.
DTU offers our international guest PhD students assistance with administrative, practical, and cultural issues before and after arrival. This includes the process for work and residence permit/EU residence document.